Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peasant Food

Last night my oldest told his friends he was dining on "peasant food". While this made me laugh, it also probably fairly well described our supper. Peasant foods are described as: those dishes specific to a particular culture made from accessible and inexpensive ingredients and usually prepared and spiced to make them more palatable.

I can't speak for the *particular culture* aspect, but I can attest that it was made from *accessible and inexpensive ingredients* and was indeed *prepared and spiced*, but not to make it more palatable!


This dish was intended as part of our celebration of Jacob Grimm's (of the Brothers Grimm) birthday. You can find the recipe here. I paired it with the leftover red cabbage from the other night.

What can I say? It was quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...