Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Kale, Carrot, and White Bean Soup

National Soup Day was the other day, so naturally I had to make a soup dish. Despite the fact that my daughter finds soup particularly boring, I can happily say I had no leftovers! My youngest devoured four bowls!

Kale, Carrot, and White Bean Soup


1 bunch of carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
4 c. vegetable broth (I use low sodium)
One can diced tomatoes
Several handfuls of kale, sliced and stems removed
1 T. basil
One can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed

In a Dutch oven, add the carrots, broth, can of tomatoes, basil, and 2 c. of water, and bring to a boil. Add the kale and the beans, cover, and reduce to simmer for 20-30 minutes. The time will vary based on how thin or thick you sliced the carrots. The soup is done when the carrots can be easily pierced with a fork. Serve. Enjoy!

I found this needed no extra seasonings; it was delicious on its own. Experiment with seasonings, if you like. I might try different carrots next time, just for fun, like baby carrots or multicolored carrots. Either way, this is a soup I will make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...