Monday, October 17, 2011

Fettuccine Alfreda with Gomasio

Today is National Pasta Day! What better way to celebrate it than with a cruelty-free alfredo? We renamed it alfreda.

Fettuccine Alfreda with Gomasio


Fettuccine
One onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 c. vegetable broth
2 t. mustard
2 t. Braggs Aminos
2 t. chili powder
1/2 c. toasted pine nuts
1 c. nutritional yeast
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper

Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Saute the onion and garlic until soft. Add onion and garlic and remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour this pesto like mixture over the drained fettuccine and mix well. Serve with a sprinkle of gomasio.

Gomasio

1/2 c. toasted sesame seeds
1/2 t. sea salt
1/2 t. kelp flakes

Blend in a food processor until well mixed.

This would probably lend itself well to the addition of some seitan chunks, but I didn't consider that until after I was eating it. I have no leftovers; it was completely devoured.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog! I found it by searching on gomasio...an ingredient I am just starting to explore. I'm an aspiring plant-based chef in Austin. Anyway, keep it up.

    My blog is dietiscorrect.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! I'll check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...