Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Garlicky Garbanzos and Friends

When life gets full around my house, we have a tendency to fall back on family favorites like rice and beans, spaghetti, salads, quick and easy foods because we are hungry and have limited time for food preparation. It's why I always love slower days, when I can feel like I am actually cooking! Even if it does turn out to be relatively simple to prepare and involves canned goods, it is time I spend in front of the stove, in the kitchen, doing more than throwing something together.

Garlicky Garbanzos and Friends



Olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 t. dried basil
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
2 cans diced potatoes, drained
2 cans garbanzos (chickpeas), drained
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans spinach, drained

Saute the garlic, basil and red pepper flakes in the olive oil until they become fragrant (which is pretty quick). Stir in the canned veggies, bring to a boil, cover, then simmer about 10-15 minutes.

This was really delicious and required no added seasonings. What leftovers I had were still just as tasty reheated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...