Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Curried Chicken Day

Today is Curried Chicken Day. I'm only over the last year or so new to Indian cuisine. I'd pretty much avoided it in the past, thinking it too spicy. But I've had several dishes that I especially liked, so am still working my way through the cuisine.

One day Whole Foods had some vegan curried chicken on their hot bar, and I tried some. Omg, it was delicious! I think I went back a few more times that week just to get more. Which, of course, can get expensive, so I decided to try to make some at home.

Curried Chicken Salad


One package favorite frozen chicken (mine is Delight Soy nuggets), baked according to package directions, chopped
1/4 c. diced red onion
 ribs celery, diced
1/2 to 1 cup chopped peanuts
1-1/2 c. vegan mayonnaise
2-1/2 T. curry powder
Dash turmeric
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Mix everything together in one large bowl, until coated well. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...