Sunday, January 31, 2016

Eat Brussels Sprouts Day

Today is Eat Brussels Sprouts Day. I know a lot of people don't like them, but c'mon, they are such cute little cabbages. I admit, I wasn't a fan for a long time. I don't know, they just had kind of a bitter aftertaste to me. But over the last few years, I have come to really, actually, enjoy them. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do.

Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Almonds


Two bags of frozen Brussels sprouts
1/4 c. vegan butter
2 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. slivered almonds, lightly toasted

Cook the Brussels sprouts according to the directions on the bag. Drain. In a frying pan, melt the butter. Add the remaining ingredients, including the Brussels sprouts. Stir until everything is well coated and heated through. Serve. Enjoy!

You can make the Brussels sprouts ahead of time and keep in the fridge until you are ready for the rest of the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...