Friday, March 1, 2013

Asian Spaghetti

I get together regularly with friends, and we often make it a potluck when we do. As the only vegan in the group, I am grateful my friends put forth effort to accommodate me. Not everyone is willing to do that, and when it happens, it is very much appreciated. Likewise, I try to take dishes that I think are pretty neutral. Pasta, for instance. Most people like pasta, and it is hard to go wrong with it.

This is the dish I shared recently with them.

Asian Spaghetti


One package angel hair pasta
1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 T. olive oil
One garlic clove, minced
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
2 T. sesame seeds, toasted
 
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the oil until just softened. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar and cayenne. When the pasta is done cooking and drained, add it to the skillet with the mushroom mixture and pour on the soy sauce mixture and toss to coat. Heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

What little was left over I brought home to my youngest, who devoured it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...