Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brown Sugar Sausage

Growing up with a German father and living in an area surrounded by towns founded by German immigrants, I've had a lot of sausage. It was always one of those foods that I ate because I liked it, then when later I would feel nauseated could only think of the last food I ate - sausage - and swear to never eat the stuff again. Such is the life of a meat eater.

So I became vegan and naturally those cravings would arise. Fortunately, I have alternatives that are not only delicious and cruelty-free, but don't make me feel icky later. I call that a win!

Brown Sugar Sausage


One package Tofurky Kielbasa
3/4 c. brown sugar
One individual serving container of applesauce
2 T. Dijon mustard
3 cloves garlic, minced

Cut kielbasa into bite sized pieces. Place in a skillet with the remaining ingredients and heat over medium until brown sugar has dissolved. Stir well, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Serve. Enjoy!

This dish even passed the test of my non-vegan daughter-in-law, who proclaimed it delicious. And it was. I served it with baked potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Now that sounds yum! We use meat version (me a meat guy), grill it, add lemon and Oregano. Quite delish. Probably would be on your version as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...