Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Mushroom Stroganoff

Over the past year or so, I've been discovering wine. Previously the only stuff I would drink had to be sweet. But as I've gotten more experience, I enjoy a variety of dry wines. I like a glass with my meal, and often look for recipes that either complement the wine, or have wine listed as an ingredient. This is one of those.

Mushroom Stroganoff


1/2 c. dry white wine
One onion, diced
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
One package sliced mushrooms
1 T. paprika
1 T. soy sauce
2 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. vegan Worcestershire sauce
2 T. whole wheat flour
2 c. non dairy milk
One can chopped black olives
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooked pasta or rice of your choice

Saute the onion and garlic in the wine until the onion has softened. Add the mushrooms, paprika, soy sauce, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce until the mushrooms have darkened. In a separate small bowl, whisk the flour and milk together until smooth, then add slowly to the vegetables. Simmer until the sauce has thickened somewhat, and add the olives. Heat through, and serve over the pasta. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...