Wednesday, May 29, 2019

West Indian Potato Bean Stew for the Instant Pot

I've discovered how much I really love using an Instant Pot. My gosh, so simple! So far I've still only used the pressure cooking function, but I will eventually brave the other options.

West Indian Potato Bean Stew


One onion, diced
One red onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, sliced
4 c. vegetable broth
2 cans white beans, drained
3 red potatoes, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
One sweet potato, cubed
1 t. turmeric
1/4 t. black pepper
1 t. cinnamon
One package frozen corn, thawed
One package frozen green peas, thawed

Once again, I didn't use the saute function, but feel free to saute the onions and garlic in oil until soft. Otherwise, all the ingredients to the pot, cook for 8 minutes. Let pressure release for 5 minutes, then do quick release. Serve over rice if you like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...