Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Mom's Irish Stew

When I was a kid, my mom had the best recipes ever. Well, except for those rare times she would cook liver. One of her recipes was what she called Irish Stew. Now, I've looked up Irish stew recipes and none of them ever look like hers. So how her's came to be called Irish Stew, I will never understand. But I don't care. I loved it.

Which is why it was important to me to find a way to veganize it. My first attempt was using seitan, but I didn't like it as much. Enter Gardein Homestyle Beefless Tips and I've got a winner!

My Mom's Irish Stew - Veganized!



One package Gardein Homestyle Beefless Tips
Potatoes (the amount is your choice) cut into bite sized cubes
One can tomato sauce

Place everything into a pressure cooker and stir well to coat, attach the lid and turn the temp to high. When the little top knob begins to rock, turn the temp down until the knob is rocking gently. Let cook about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and do a quick release of pressure. Make sure the steam is aimed AWAY from you!

I like to eat mine with a good loaf of bread and butter.

Ah, childhood memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...