Wednesday, July 25, 2012

National Hot Dog Month

I guess it figures that National Hot Dog Month would coincide with National Picnic Month. I'm not one for using a public grill (ew!) but I know many who will. I bought myself an adorable little hot dog cooker a few years ago. Granted I don't use it very often, but it's still cute!



It's actually kind of rare that I get a craving for a hot dog. Jokes abound (and are probably true) about the mysteries of what is IN a hot dog. It's also why I'm glad my hot dogs are cruelty free! Nevertheless, I don't make a habit out of eating them. They might be cruelty free, but it is still a hot dog!

After shuffling through and organizing my monumental piles of recipes into something inherently more usable, I found I did need to create a section for hot dogs. Not that many recipes, but enough to warrant a separate section. At least now for those times I desire a hot dog, it will be something other than the usual.

Barbecue Hot Dogs



One package vegan hot dogs
1/2 c. green onions, chopped
1/2 c. pineapple juice
3/4 c. barbecue sauce
1/4 t. chili powder

Score the hot dogs 4-5 times. Combine everything in a skillet and bring to an easy boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes. Spoon some of the sauce over the hot dog in your bun.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...