Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Creamy Noodle Casserole

After watching the documentary Forks Over Knives, and much discussion afterward, my son and I wondered if there was a companion book and if we could get a copy. The next day we made a trip to the library, where we were lucky enough to find it! We checked it out, brought it home, and promptly began salivating over some of the recipes featured at the back of the book.



One of the recipes was for Creamy Noodle Casserole. While you can find the recipe in the book, Forks Over Knives: The Plant Based Way to Health, I made a few adaptations due to what I had on hand.


For instance, I added some leftover mixed vegetables and leftover black eyed peas I had, and used vegetable broth instead of the portobello mushroom broth called for in the recipe. It made a LOT.


I highly recommend you get the book, not just for the recipes but for the awesome information contained in it, and its companion cookbook Forks Over Knives - The Cookbook. I was very fortunate to have this one gifted to me by my beautiful friend, Melissa.


And get the dvd. You'll want to watch it a few times, and share it with your friends. The dvd and books are all excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...