Monday, February 4, 2013

Garlic Potato Soup

Years ago I worked in a very small office. Every time I would pass by a certain individual, I was curious as to why I always smelled pickles. I never saw him eat pickles, so I was quite baffled by it. It was later I learned he regularly ate raw garlic at lunch. Since I favored garlic pickles, it seemed to make sense that I associated the smell with pickles.

Years later I find myself a huge fan of garlic. I put it in as many dishes as possible, and yes, I even eat it raw now. I love, love, love the flavor!

Garlic Potato Soup



Olive oil
One onion, chopped
One carrot, chopped
One stalk of celery, choppped
Potatoes, washed and cubed (I use between 5 and 9)
One entire head of garlic, peeled
4 c. vegetable broth
2 c. water
1/2 t. thyme
One bay leaf

Saute the onion, carrot and celery in olive oil. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook about 20 minutes until potatoes are soft. Mash the potatoes and garlic just a little, season with salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...