Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday Pancakes!

I started a tradition in my house years ago, and even those times I've missed it, my kids have reminded me. This year I decided to have some fun with it, and colored the waffles in traditional purple, green and gold. Yes, I made waffles instead. I have a waffle maker and thought it might go quicker.

Fat Tuesday Pancakes...er...Waffles

 
 

1 c. flour
3/4 t. baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
3 T. sugar or stevia
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 c. unsweetened or vanilla soy or almond milk
2 T. vegetable oil

Mix dry ingredients together. Pour oil and milk and mix well with the dry ingredients. Cook according to your waffle maker instructions. Serve however you like them - we're traditional, vegan butter and syrup.

To make the colors, make three separate containers of the waffle batter. Start with 10 drops yellow in one, green in another and stir to get the color. For the purple, use 2:1 ratio of red and blue. I could have used more than I did, but since this was my first try, I didn't want the colors to come out too bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...