Friday, November 16, 2012

Chick'n and Bean Stew

My daughter posts a link to my Facebook and asked me to make the dish shown there. How could I refuse? So between the two of us, we gathered up the ingredients and doubled it, and it was wonderful!

The original recipe can be found here. This is my very slightly modified version.

Chick'n and Bean Stew



One package gardein chick'n scallopini
Olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
Two cans diced tomatoes
4 c. vegetable broth 
4 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 t. black pepper
One bunch arugula

Fry the scallopini in oil until lightly browned. Set aside. In a Dutch oven, saute the garlic until softened. Add tomatoes, broth, beans and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Add arugula, reduce to simmer and let cook about 20 minutes. Cut scallopini into bite sized pieces, add the the soup, and serve. Enjoy!

This was very good! Even my non-vegan daughter-in-law asked about the chick'n, wondering if was vegan because she couldn't tell the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...