Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Taco Fries

On my bookshelf, I have a cookbook titled Half a Can of Tomato Paste and Other Culinary Dilemmas. Every time I come across a partial package of anything in my kitchen, I am reminded of this book. As it happens, I did find myself with half a package of taco seasoning. I can't remember how that happened, and very likely was the result of my youngest's own culinary adventures. However, I was confronted with a dilemma. Toss it or use it? I found a use for it.

Taco Fries


Slice up into chunky fry size a handful of potatoes. I think I used five. Toss them in a gallon sized Ziploc baggie and pour into about a 1/4 c. olive oil. Dump in the half bag of taco seasoning, close the baggie and start smooshing to get the potatoes well coated with both the oil and the seasoning.

Lay the potatoes without overlapping on a cookie sheet, and bake at 400 for about 20-30 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn.

Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...