Monday, May 27, 2019

Black Eyed Peas and Beer Brat Soup in the Instant Pot

I finally got an Instant Pot. I'd been wanting one and kept looking at them every time I went to a store that sells them. "One of these days," I kept telling myself. One of those days finally arrived a few months ago. Then the inevitable where it sat while I stared at it for awhile, uncertain how to proceed. My son is braver. He got one months before I did, and his sat unopened in his dining room. We both decided to brave it. He went first.

Black Eyed Peas and Beer Brat Soup


2 c. dried black eyed peas, soaked overnight
One red onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
6 c. vegetable broth
One small can tomato paste
2 t. oregano
One bay leaf
1 t. salt
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
3 T. brown sugar
One package vegan beer brats, sliced
One green bell pepper, chopped

Because this was my first recipe, I didn't use the saute function, but you can saute the onion and garlic first, if you prefer. Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot and cook at pressure for 5 minutes. When done, release pressure after 3 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...