Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pecan Fried Tofish

I am one of those types of people who loves, loves, loves nuts. I like to cook with them, add them to salads, bake them into desserts. I eat them raw by the handful. Did I mention how much I love nuts? My family has become accustomed to my adding them to as many dishes as possible, and humor me by eating them.

Pecan Fried Tofish


One package extra firm tofu, frozen, thawed, pressed, sliced
Flour
1 c. bread crumbs
1 c. chopped pecans
Non-dairy milk
Olive oil

Place some flour in a Ziploc baggie and add the tofu slices, two at a time. Give a good but gentle shake to coat the tofu. Repeat until all slices have been dusted with flour. Pour plain, non-dairy milk into a shallow bowl. Dump the flour from the baggie and add the bread crumbs and pecans. Lay slices of tofu in the milk to coat, then add to the baggie and give another good but gentle shake to coat with breadcrumb mixture. Fry these coated pieces in olive oil until nicely golden brown. Serve alone or with vegan tartar sauce.

Half my family thought they were a little bland, but the other half loved them as is. Play around with seasonings to find a mix you like.

I served mine up with cole slaw and French fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...