Saturday, June 15, 2013

Beefless Stroganoff

I've made a stroganoff before, a green bean and mushroom stroganoff and then another green bean and mushroom stroganoff for the crockpot. But a couple of weeks ago, I took a trip to a new Trader Joe's in town, just to check it out. I came across these beefless strips and bought a package, figuring I would no doubt come up with something to use them in.

I did.

Beefless Stroganoff


One package of Trader Joe's Beef-less Strips
Vegan butter
One onion, chopped
2 c. vegan mushroom soup (use your favorite recipe)
One container vegan sour cream
Favorite cooked noodles

Saute the onion and beef-less strips in the vegan butter until the onion is softened. Add the mushroom soup and half of the container of vegan sour cream. Stir until well mixed and heated through. Serve over your favorite noodles. Season to taste. Serve. Enjoy!

As simple as this recipe was, it was absolutely delicious! My son and I had two servings and my husband polished it off the next day for lunch. I had never used the Trader Joe's beef-less tips before, but I will most definitely buy them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...