Saturday, June 22, 2013

South Seas Chick'n

Seriously, I should just buy stock in Gardein. We love their stuff. And to make it worse, we found a local retail outlet that sells a bigger variety than the grocery store! It doesn't help I keep getting coupons. I mean, you HAVE to use coupons! We just like the versatility it gives us.

True, one should never too heavily rely on pre-made or packaged items. I know this. I believe this with all my being. But if ever you need to make dinner and have limited time, these can be a major help. That's my excuse that I'm sticking with for the moment.

South Seas Chick'n


1-1/2 c. vegetable broth
3 T. soy sauce
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. mango chutney or preserves
1 T. lime juice
Olive oil
Broccoli florets (as much or as little as you like)
One onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
One package Gardein Chick'n Scallopini
Cooked rice

Mix the broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, mango and lime juice in a bowl and set aside. In a skillet, sauté the broccoli, onion and garlic in the olive oil until softened. Add the scallopini, cover, reduce heat and cook until scallopini is heated through. When the scallopini is fork tender, remove each piece and slice. Return to the skillet, add the broth mixture and stir to heat through and mix well. When the sauce is thickened, serve the scallopini, vegetables and sauce over rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...