Monday, May 11, 2015

Texas Hash

I love those easy dinners I can pretty much just throw together, and that use leftovers. I always seem to make more rice than we need for a given meal. So finding ways to use it make me happy. I really, really, really don't like having to throw food away because it sat in the fridge forgotten, and takes on an alien life form all of its own.

Texas Hash


2 large onions, sliced
2 green peppers, sliced
1 package vegan ground beef
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 c. cooked rice
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 t. chili powder
1/2 c. breadcrumbs

Saute the onion and green pepper in oil until soft. Add remaining ingredients, except bread crumbs. Stir to mix well. Pour mixture into greased baking dish, and sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...