Friday, May 1, 2015

German Stew

The past two months have been a whirlwind of doctor visits and tests, but I am very happy to announce I'm even healthier than I knew. At my age, this is really good to know! So with that all behind me now, I can finally return to cooking and sharing all the deliciousness!

But, first of all, Happy May Day!

My dad is German. My mom has often joked how she married a Sour Kraut. He is not amused. However, having that heritage leads me to try German-ish sounding recipes.

German Stew


1/4 c. olive oil
One package gardein Beefless Tips
1-1/2 c. chopped onions
2 Not Beef Bouillon cubes
2 c. water
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. thyme
1/4 t. black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 carrot, cut into coins
1/2 c. dry red wine
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. water

Heat oil in a skillet and saute the onions. Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water and pour into the skillet. Add the salt, thyme, pepper, bay leaf and carrot, cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Pour in the wine and add the beefless tips. Mix the cornstarch and the water until smooth, and stir gradually into the stew. Stir constantly until the juices are thickened and the beefless tips are cooked through. Serve over wide noodles. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...