Monday, December 2, 2013

Crockpot Pepper Steak

Any time my husband and I either visit a Chinese restaurant or order takeout, I can pretty much bet money he will order pepper steak. A creature of habit, my hubby.

The other day while out shopping with my daughter, I came upon the gardein sizzling szechuan beefless strips and had to buy them. I knew exactly what I was going to make with them.

Crockpot Pepper Steak


One package beefless strips
1/4 c. soy sauce
One onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 t. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1/4 t. ground ginger
One can diced tomatoes, drained
2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
1/2 c. water
1 T. cornstarch

Place all ingredients, except water and cornstarch, into the crockpot. Cook on low for 5 hours. Remove the lid, combine the water and cornstarch to make a paste, and stir into the liquid in the crockpot. Heat through. Serve over rice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...