Sunday, June 1, 2014

Beer and Cheese Potato Chowder

It has been one rollercoaster of a year so far. Health issues, the death of my beloved Siamese, Fergus, and just general mayhem. I am determined that this second half will be better. My daughter is getting married, so it most definitely will be grand!

With all that has been happening, I have sorely neglected my blogs. That ends today. I have had several friends asking for this recipe, so here it is!

Beer and Cheese Potato Chowder


2-3 lbs. potatoes, diced
One onion, diced
One stalk of celery, diced
One clove garlic, minced
1/4 t. pepper
16 oz. vegetable broth
One can of beer
2 c. shredded vegan cheddar cheese
1/2 c. vegan sour cream

Add all ingredients except for cheese and sour cream to a crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Stir in the cheese and sour cream and cover until it melts. Serve. Enjoy!

I added garlic and onion croutons, but it didn't really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...