Tuesday, June 3, 2014

White Chili

A heckuva storm blew through here the other day. A solid day of rain. It was wonderful! Despite moving into late spring and coming perilously close to summer, it was a perfect day for chili.

White Chili


1 c. dried great northern beans, rinsed
One clove garlic, minced
One onion, chopped
2 t. oregano
One can vegan cream of mushroom soup
6 c. water
1 t. cumin
One can of chopped green chiles

Add everything to a crockpot and cook on low for 10 hours. During the last hour I added some vegan chicken strips. Serve. Enjoy!

You can top your chili with diced avocado and a spoonful of vegan sour cream, if you like. White chili traditionally is made with chicken, but honestly, I didn't feel the chicken added anything. Next time I think I will forego the chicken and add more beans. You can also add a dab of hot pepper sauce, if you like, but I thought it was plenty spicy as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...