Monday, October 14, 2013

Black Bean and Veggie Burger

Cilantro is a common herb used where I live, but I went years before ever tasting it fresh. On a whim I had it added to a salad at a local restaurant known for its wonderful salads, and I've been sold on it ever since.

Black Bean and Veggie Burger


One can black beans, drained and rinsed
One can diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. onion powder
3 green onions, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 c. fresh cilantro
2 c. quick (not rolled or old fashioned) oats

Into a food processer add the beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion powder, green onions, carrots and cilantro. Whir until well blended. Add the bean mixture to a large bowl and add the oats. Stir well. Make patties and place on an oiled or sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 450 for about 8 minutes, then turn the heat up to broil for about 2 minutes, or until you see the patties starting to brown. Serve on buns with your toppings of choice.

Honestly, I thought the cilantro is what really made these burgers. Someone asked me if those were potato chips on the sandwich in the picture. No, it's iceberg lettuce. However, my daughter and daughter-in-law both like to add potato chips inside sandwiches and swear it is good eating. So maybe you can try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...