Friday, October 18, 2013

Southwestern Soup

Temps got down in the 50s recently, and I wanted to celebrate with soup. If I suggest soup for supper during the summer, I get the *look* from my family. The one suggesting I may be certifiable. So when the temps dip down to something not sweat inducing, I'm gonna make a pot of soup. And I did.

Southwestern Soup


One onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
One can diced tomatoes with mild chiles
One can corn
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. paprika
4 c. vegetable stock

Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven until softened. Add the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes. To serve, spoon the soup into a bowl and crunch tortilla chips on top.

I had no leftovers. Made me sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...