Tuesday, January 13, 2015

16 Bean, Leek, and Sausage Soup

Long before the Shannons published their very awesome cookbook, Betty Goes Vegan, my daughter and I have been fans of their website. So when the holidays came around and family was visiting, I wanted to feed them something not only delicious, but warm. We've had some cold and rainy days here. Soup was definitely the answer.

I chose the Shannon's 16 Bean, Leek, and Tofurky Kielbasa Soup. With a few changes. For instance, I substituted Field Roast Smoked Apple Sage Sausage. I also used eight cups of vegetable broth instead of their suggested six.

Needless to say, it turned out beautifully and was happily gobbled down by everyone. Give it a try and see for yourself. Also, I highly recommend their cookbook. My daughter and I both own copies of it and we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...