Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Tarragon Chick'n Salad

Whole Foods makes about four vegan chick'n salads. I've tried three of them, and they are delicious! I asked an employee about what chick'n they used, and when she went to show me, the product wasn't there. She couldn't remember the name of it, just what the package looked like.

So I cozied up to Google.

I discovered that Whole Foods uses (or at least is purported to use) a particular brand for a couple of the chick'n salads. Lo and behold, about a week later I find that very chick'n at my Whole Foods! Yay! So I bought it, and I have to say I'm pretty sure this must be the chick'n they use. And it's fabulous!

Tarragon Chick'n Salad


One package Delight Soy Nuggets, baked per package directions, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 onion, diced
Vegan mayonnaise
1 t. tarragon
1 t. parsley
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 c. chopped nuts (I used cashews, but you can use pecans, almonds, walnuts, etc.)

Mix everything in a bowl, with enough mayonnaise to coat and mix but not overwhelm. Serve as a salad or on a sandwich with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!

This was my first time to use the Delight Soy Nuggets, and I will definitely use them again. I liked the smell, the taste, the ease of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...