Monday, January 12, 2015

Quick Jambalaya

I visited New Orleans a few years ago with my mom. It was with a tour group, so much of our food was decided for us. I lucked out because I simply asked at each location if they had any vegan options. I was not disappointed once. It was a lesson I learned - don't be afraid to ask. You could and probably will be very pleasantly surprised.

One of our dining experiences was with a chef. I talk a little about the experience here. As much as I love to cook, it is unlikely I will ever be as good as a chef. Probably because I go for quick more than fancy. Emphasis on quick. Like this dish.

Quick Jambalaya


Vegan meat of your choice (I went with sausage and tofu)
One onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
One green bell pepper, chopped
2 T. olive oil (peanut oil, if you have it)
1/2 c. vegetable broth
3 c. cooked rice
One can diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
Your favorite Cajun seasoning

In a Dutch oven, saute the vegetables in the oil until soft. Add the vegan meat and heat through. Add the broth, rice, tomatoes, and bay leaves. Add seasoning to taste. Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent anything from sticking. Remove the bay leaves. Serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...