Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Oven Roasted Vegetables with Garlic

A friend of mine from Germany came to visit recently. We spent a lot of time discussing all things vegan. She shared with me two of her own recipes for vegan cheese. I can't wait to try them out myself! She stayed with another friend of ours while here, and the three of us together was so much fun! On one of our outings, I was introduced to colored carrots. Of course, I had to buy some! They worked beautifully in this oven roasted vegetable dish.

Oven Roasted Vegetables with Garlic


Parsnips (as many as you want), chopped
Carrots (as many as you want), sliced
Shallots, chopped
One red onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, halved
2 T. olive oil
2 T. vegan butter
2 T. fresh rosemary

In a baking dish, combine the vegetables. Combine the oil, the butter (melted), and the rosemary. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle this all over the vegetables and toss gently to coat. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for an hour. You want to see the vegetables just to begin to brown, and be fork tender. Stir it occasionally to even cooking. Serve. Enjoy!

1 comment:


  1. I gotta try this. I need to be careful with root vegetables, so I can't eat the whole pan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...