Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Beef and Noodles

The challenge for day 2 of Vegan Mofo is: Recreate a meal from your childhood.  I have so many recipes from my childhood that I have veganized, it was hard to choose. I decided on one I haven't made in quite some time. I've missed it.

Beef and Noodles


This was very simple. I took a bag of gardein beefless tips and sauteed them with a chopped onion. When the onions became soft, I added some vegan cream of mushroom soup and a container of vegan sour cream. I mixed it all well, covered the pan and set to simmer for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, I boiled some whole wheat noodles. When everything was done, I drained the noodles and served the beefy mixture on top of the noodles.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...