Thursday, September 10, 2015

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue

No, this isn't about a wedding. It's Vegan Mofo! The challenge for Day 10 is: Something blue. I'm sure I'm not even going to be original here, because I went with the most obvious - blueberries!

I'm not an avid smoothie maker/drinker, but I do enjoy them. Recently when I was having issues with my freezer that wasn't defrosting, I had to take everything out and store in a cooler for a few hours, to let the freezer completely thaw. Back in a corner of my very snowy freezer, I found a bag of frozen blueberries. Not one to let anything go to waste, I decided to make a smoothie.

My smoothies are ultra simple. I add a handful of organic spinach leaves to a blender, and top it with 1/2 c. or more of blueberries. I added a pretty ripe banana and about a cup of cashew milk. Blend it well, pour into a tall glass and sip to your delighted heart's content!


Seriously, it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...