Monday, September 28, 2015

Totally going for broke, here

Wow, who knew keeping up with a vegan mofo would be so difficult? First I got sick and then I had to do my momly duty and help my daughter move. No complaints. Just life. So I'm going for broke here and getting caught up.

For starters, day 25 of the Vegan Mofo asks: Share your favorite cuisine.

Funny, I discussed this very thing here. These veggie fajitas really are the bomb.

Day 26 asks: It’s cold and rainy and there’s a snow drift outside your door! What are you going to make using the ingredients you have?

Lol! I live in the south. What is this snow drift thing? But I do know what I like on a cold and rainy day. Minestrone.

Minestrone


3 or more cloves garlic, minced
One can roasted, diced tomatoes
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
2-3 stalks of celery, diced
One onion, diced
2-3 carrots, diced
3 c. vegetable broth
2 cans kidney beans, drained
One can tomato paste
2 T. basil
2 T. oregano
2 T. parsley
1-1/2 c. shredded cabbage
One zucchini, diced
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
Favorite cooked pasta

In a Dutch oven, add all the ingredients except the pasta. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer until vegetables are tender. Add the pasta, and heat through. Serve. Enjoy!

Day 27 asks: Favorite herb or spice? It's dill. I love dill. The odd thing is I used to hate it. Now I think it makes everything better. I love to add it fresh to salads, sprinkle it dried on popcorn, and use it often as an ingredient in many dishes.

Day 28 asks: Tacos VS Burritos. Where do you stand on this important issue? I like both. However, my daughter absolutely adores tacos. And since we've been helping her move, I haven't had time to make any. BUT, I have several taco recipes I really want to try, and since they are mostly non-traditional, she's very likely the only one in my family who will try them. So, once things are settled, I plan to try out some different ones, and I'll post on them as I do.

And to entice you to check out my link above on my favorite cuisine, here ya go:


Veggie fajitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...