Saturday, September 5, 2015

Best Sandwich Ever: Chick'n Salad

Day five of Vegan Mofo asks us to talk about the best sandwich ever. Oh, there are so many! Recently I was thoroughly enjoying some Tofurky lunch meat with mayo and fancy mustard. By fancy mustard I mean a champagne maple mustard. Accompanied by some good crunchy chips and a handful of those little pickles and I was a happy luncher.

But when I think of my favorite kind of sandwich, I think chick'n salad always wins.

Sonoma-ish Chick'n Salad


1 package of Delight Soy Nuggets
Vegan mayo
1 c. chopped pecans
A couple stalks of celery
A handful of seedless red grapes, cut in half
1-2 t. poppy seeds

Even though the nuggets say they are ready to eat, I heat mine in the toaster oven at 350 for 20 minutes, then let cool. Once cool, I chop them in the food processor. Mix everything in a bowl. Add enough mayo to get everything well coated. Spread on some bread. Eat. Enjoy!

I am really particular about the Delight Soy. I have been a fan of Whole Foods vegan versions of their chicken salads, and one day came across a website that said they use Delight Soy. I'd never heard of them before that, but found some in the freezer section at Whole Foods, bought them, and gave them a try. I really, really like them. They can sometimes be hard to find, and aren't cheap, just less than $6 a bag here where I live, but they are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...